Here are things employees (and students, if applicable) will need to do soon AFTER the announcement and NOT before:
- Website: From 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 26 to 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 3, new logos and the university’s name will be updated on websites. You will not be able to update sites during this time. However, if you have urgent content needs, please contact email@example.com with the subject line “Urgent – Content Updates,” and we’ll work with you to update your site as soon as possible.
- University Name: Use Cal Poly Humboldt or, depending on usage, Humboldt going forward. Please DO NOT USE acronyms such as CSPUH or CPH. At this time, there are no official acronyms for our institution. Find more details in the Transition Process Guide.
- Social Media: University social media managers should change account profiles and handles before Monday, Feb. 28. Please begin using #CalPolyHumboldt in posts.
- Email and Voicemail: Update your email signature and your voicemail message if you currently use a version of Humboldt State University.
- Vendors/Partners: Update the University name with vendors and other business partners and contacts, and update memberships.
- Virtual Backgrounds, Logos & Templates will be available on brand.humboldt.edu after the announcement.
- Business Cards, Name Badges & Stationery: If you need these immediately, you can order them through Marketing & Communications. There is no cost for these items during the name change transition. NOTE: business cards, name badges, and stationery will change again when the new logos are finalized. Only order what you need to get through this semester.