Helping your Student Succeed
Enoch Hale, the Director of the Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) at HSU has offered some ways your student can be in a position to succeed this fall semester:
HSU takes teaching and learning excellence seriously, and wants you to know that your students will have access to all the resources they will need to have a successful learning experience whether on campus or virtually. To this end, the CTL has been working hard to support HSU students in preparation for the Fall 2020 semester and beyond. Some of the things that the CTL has been working on include:
- Providing robust professional development and support for all HSU instructors so they can continue to offer the highest quality of education regardless of where and how learning takes place.
- Developing a comprehensive one-stop website for students that links them to everything from tutoring and advising to how-to guides for navigating Canvas and other technologies like Zoom.
- Developing a resource in Canvas that helps them organize their academic responsibilities as well as providing guidance on the most productive methods for studying.
Here is how you can help:
- Please encourage your student to regularly visit the Keep Learning website for updates and links to various campus resources.
- These are challenging times, but please remember your student is not alone. There are many people at HSU who are here to help, so encourage them to reach out and connect with faculty and advisors.
HSU Campus Ready Website is Live
Humboldt State University is developing and refining plans for instruction, flexible repopulation of campus, and the student experience during the 2020-21 academic year.
The most comprehensive information about the ongoing operations is available at campusready.humboldt.edu.
There, you can see information specific to students, as well as information on a variety of topics affecting the entire campus community. The website will continue to be updated as the University prepares and responds to the pandemic.
HSU Faculty Share Their Best Lectures
HSU’s Summer Lecture Series is an opportunity for you to experience some of our faculty’s greatest class presentations—just like your student would.
These virtual series are being hosted by professors from a variety of departments, and highlight their expertise and the subjects they’re most passionate about.
Next up: Magical Realism & Contemporary Trends in World Cinema, by Theatre, Film & Dance Instructor Michelle Cartier on Tuesday, July 21 at 1 p.m.
Visit the HSU Virtual Quad for all virtual events this summer.
Join the Conversation
Social Network » hsufamilynetwork.org
Website » family.humboldt.edu
Email » firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News from Campus
» Robot Kits and STEAM Skills with HSU’s Robotics Camp
» Humboldt Area Foundation and Donors Raise More Than $20,000 to Support HSU Dreamers
» Build Bridges and Connect Communities This Summer With HSU Library Programs
Gifts to emergency student support funds are immediately going to address some of the most challenging issues HSU students are facing at this time. We’re meeting this challenge together, providing funds for technology, food, housing, and healthcare. To support HSU students during this crucial time, please consider making an online gift to one of the emergency student support funds. Your support helps students stay in school, even through the unprecedented challenges they are facing.